What is An E-Patient?
An e-patient is anyone who uses the Internet as a tool to benefit their personal health. E-patients are strongly motivated to investigate reasons behind certain health conditions and play an active role in their own well-being.
What Types of Tools Do E-Patients Use?
E-patients use a variety of websites and social media to learn about various medical conditions that can or do affect their health.
What Role Do E-Patients Play in the Community?
E-patients can often use the Internet and social media to reach out to others by sharing information or asking questions about a variety of health issues. E-patients use online connections as another way to enhance their health knowledge.
Reach | Engage | Educate | Connect
Spend 2 days at e-Patient Connections, and leave with a year’s worth of ideas. Bigger than before, we are gathering experts from life sciences, public health, hospitals and also doctors and nurses to benchmark best practices for reaching and supporting digital health consumers.
Get a 360 degree view on connecting with digital health consumers.
- Roni Zeiger Google
- Meredith Ressi Manhattan Research
- John Pugh Boehringer Ingelheim
- Jonathan Richman Possible Worldwide
- Ed Bennett University of Maryland Medical System
- Bryan Vartabedian Baylor College of Medicine
Hands on Coaching, Special Topics, Networking, and Workshops
Choose from any of these activities to get the information, skills, or insights that matter most to you
- Social Media Coaching Corner – Learn about and get training on the latest social media platforms.
- Meet the Connectors! Speak to a master networker about getting connected with someone to help your cause.
- Speaker Lunch & Learn – Grab lunch with one of our featured speakers for your chance to ask questions of industry thought leaders.
- Creating a Social Media Crisis Plan (Workshop) – Learn how to prepare and respond if a social media disaster happens to you.
- In Their Own Words: Partnering with Patient Opinion Leaders (Panel Discussion) – If you have questions, this panel is ready to offer candid answers.
- Introducing the Digital Health Coalition: Tackling Regulatory Issues in Mobile, Social, and Search (Interactive Discussion) – Learn how a new non-profit coalition is working to identify and recommend specific actions that will improve digital communication, marketing, and engagement for the healthcare industry
I thought your e-patients conference was one of the highlights of [the year]
- Marc Monseau, J&J
Extremely well-run, great minds and lots of fun.
- Joe Shields, Pfizer
Don’t miss the only conference you need to attend all year. Get the latest research, insights, opinions, and best practices for reaching e-patients everywhere.
- Case studies from across industries
- Updates on the newest technologies, mobile health innovations, and more
- Coaching and advice on your personal goals and initiatives
- The chance to meet people and make connections that you might not get anywhere else
- At least a few surprises!
Join us for 2 days and leave with a year’s worth of usable information.
Congratulations on a GREAT conference.
– Lee Aase, Mayo Clinic
I thought it was one of the most stimulating, best-run conferences I have ever attended. I heard many attendees say the same thing and also that they were looking forward to the next.
- Emily Van Ness
e-Patient Connections Meets the
Social Health Unconference!
Two events in once location, and great opportunities to learn from both. We’re proud that Social Health Unconference founders Dana Lewis and Shwen Gwee have co-located this popular event with the e-Patient Connections conference this year. Join us for SXSH on Monday September 19 followed by e-Patient Connections on September 20-21.
Congratulations on an outstanding near-flawless event. There was a real dialogue going on, sharing of ideas building towards some real insight. I was sorry to leave.
– Thomas Goetz, Wired
I had never been to such an awesome conference in my life!
– Diane Bayer
Need to Convince Your Boss?
If you need help getting approval to attend this year’s conference, check out our justification kit, which includes a letter you can download and edit to help make your argument.